Your oral health care begins with you. If you don’t take care of your teeth, they will not be able to perform their task. Bad oral hygiene can lead to all sorts of negative consequences in our teeth, our gums, and even throughout our entire body. Luckily, caring for your teeth does have to be an overwhelming task, and only requires a few minutes of your time each day.
Here are seven great tips to remember about caring your teeth:
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and fits comfortably into your mouth. Also be sure it can reach all areas around your teeth and gums.
– Due to cross-contamination, try to avoid sharing toothbrushes or storing next to other brushes.
– Stop by for a visit to your dentist at Durham Dentistry every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Replace your toothbrush at least every 3-4 months or earlier if your bristles are heavily worn.
– Eat a proper diet, and avoid sugary foods that are difficult to brush away, such as hard candy and chewy taffy.
– Look for toothbrushes and toothpaste that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Brush your teeth and gums in two minute intervals, twice daily. Don’t forget to floss once daily as well.
It’s important to stick to your routine, and not slack off on your oral health care habits. If you would like to set up an oral exam or professional cleaning with your dentist please call us at 919-489-9171, to speak with a member of our friendly staff. You can also stop by our office in Durham, North Carolina. Let us help you keep cavities at bay. Stop by today!