Did you know that you should replace your oral cleaning tools every few months to prevent contamination and wear from minimizing the effect of your cleanings? Replacing your toothbrush when needed is required to ensure you continue to get the proper cleaning each day for your oral health care.
Make the most of your oral health care cleaning products, especially your toothbrush. Here are a few tips about your toothbrush:
– The best way to choose the right toothpaste and toothbrush for your specific needs should include always looking for the ADA Seal of Acceptance to ensure the products have been proven safe and effective.
– Take precautions to store your toothbrush in a safe location that is free from other toothbrushes, as this can prevent contamination from occurring.
– Standard toothbrushes may not always suit your oral health care needs. For an alternative brush, try switching to an electric toothbrush.
– Make sure to speak with your dentist about product approvals or recommendations.
– Never share your brush with anyone else and always store it in a safe space.
– Brushes with soft bristles are safer for your smile, as enamel abrasion is less likely to occur. In addition, always use a brush that can easily fit into your mouth and brush all areas within.
– To ensure your brush will continue to work effectively, try substituting your toothbrush with a new model every 3-4 months, or earlier if necessary.
– Make an effort to store your toothbrush upright in a well-ventilated area. If your toothbrush must be taken on a trip and stored in a sealed container, do so only for limited amounts of time, as bacteria can grow in damp areas.
If you are looking to improve your smile with better oral health care treatments or for any other procedure at Durham Dentistry, you are welcome to book an appointment with Dr. Macon Sapp and our team at our dentist office in Durham, North Carolina. We can be reached at 919-489-9171. We look forward to having you as our guest soon!