Halitosis, also known as persistent bad breath, can be caused by poor oral hygiene or a warning sign of other problems like gum disease in your smile. If you have bad breath, then consider some treatments to overcome it, so you don’t have to be embarrassed about your halitosis anymore.
To help you understand the best way to treat and prevent bad breath, our dentists, Dr. Macon Sapp and Dr. Baxter Sapp with Durham Dentistry in Durham, North Carolina, have provided you with this information on tips and tricks for treating halitosis:
– Do you continue to show signs of bad breath in your mouth? It could be linked to issues that are not easily known. Visit your dentist for a checkup.
– If bad breath frequently returns, it could be the result of conditions such as gum disease.
– Toothaches and tooth decay are known risk factors for bad breath.
– If you have dry mouth and are not producing enough saliva, you will be at an increased risk for bad breath.
– A failure to brush floss every day can drastically raise your risk for bad breath.
– To keep your smile safe from the effects of bad breath, make sure you’re cleaning your tongue as well. Either use a toothbrush or tongue scraper to brush off bacteria that causes bad breath.
If you would like to stop your halitosis before it becomes too serious, please contact our office today at 919-489-9171 to make an appointment. Our dental team is happy to treat you and give you the proper medical advice you need to overcome your bad breath blues.