Does bad breath seem to be a constant factor in your life, to the point that it affects your self-confidence? We encourage you to take steps now to improve your smile with home remedies for bad breath, including:
– Brushing and flossing your teeth: Bad breath often results from inconsistent oral hygiene that allows bacteria to build up in your mouth. By brushing and flossing your teeth consistently, you can prevent bacteria from producing bad odors and keep your smile feeling fresh.
– Cleaning your tongue: When brushing your teeth, be sure to clean your tongue as well since it’s a popular location for bacteria to gather and produce bad breath. Run your toothbrush or tongue scraper from the back of your tongue to the front to clean away any lingering food particles.
– Eating a healthy diet: Avoiding foods that cause bad breath goes beyond onions and raw garlic to include foods that are acidic and high in fructose, such as vinegar and sugary cereal. Instead, choose healthy food for better saliva production, such as:
– Dark green and orange vegetables
– Products made from whole grains
– Low-fat proteins
– Apples and other crisp fruits
Please contact Durham Dentistry at 919-489-9171 today if you frequently struggle with bad breath in Durham, North Carolina, and need to speak with our dentists, Drs. Sapp and Sapp, about customized treatment for bad breath in Durham, North Carolina.